How Acupuncture can Enhance Fertility?
- Improves sperm parameters
- Improves pregnancy rates of IVF treatment
- Regulates menstrual cycles
- Regulate hormones by reducing stress
- Reduces miscarriages
- Lessens uterine contractions after embryo transfer
- Improves blood flow to testicles, ovaries and uterus
- Improves ovarian function; encourages production of follicles; enhances their quality
- Improves thickness of uterine wall lining
- Aids relaxation
- Lessens side effects of fertility medication
- Enhances immune system
The London Acupuncture Space has undergone specialist post-graduate training in Male Fertility Acupuncture with Zita West and at the Royal College of Physicians in London.
Acupuncture Research for Male Infertility:
"Quantitative evaluation of spermatozoa ultrastructure after acupuncture treatment for idiopathic male infertility."
Fertilty Sterility. 2005 Jul;84(1):141-7. Pei J, Strehler E, Noss U, Abt M, Piomboni P, Baccetti B, Sterzik K.
"Influence of acupuncture on idiopathic male infertility in assisted reproduction therapy."
Dr. M. Zhang et al. J Huazhong University SCI Technology Medicine SCI 2002; 22(3):228-30.
"Effect of acupuncture on sperm parameters of males suffering from subfertility to low sperm quality."
Arch Andrology. 1997 Sep-Oct;39(2): 155-6, Siteman S, Eltes F, Wolfson V, Lederman H, Bartoov B, Institute of Chinese Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel.
"Effects of acupuncture and moxa treatment in patients with semen abnormalities."
Asian J Androl, 2003 Dec; 5(4): 345-8, Gurfinkel E, Cedenho AP, Yamamura Y, Srougi M., Human Reproduction Division, Discipline of Urology, Sao Paulo Federal University, Paulista School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil.